Disney has added more options for guests with stays at Caribbean Beach Resort to choose from. We previously reported that Disney would be offering guests a $25 gift card for each night of stay, for each guest room booked. This is a way that Disney wanted to help make it up to guests staying at the resort during all of the renovations and limited dining options. Disney decided to sweeten the deal for guests by offering more choices for these guests. Guests will now receive a $75 gift card for each night of stay, for each guest room booked. If guests aren’t satisfied with this offer or don’t want to be at the resort during the refurbishments, they reportedly have another option. They can also request to be moved to another resort, and Disney will relocate them for no additional charge to one of the following resorts:
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- Disney’s Port Orleans – French Quarter
- Disney’s Port Orleans – Riverside
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- The Cabins at Fort Wilderness Resort
Guests are being notified via letter of the changes to the gift card. Here is the verbiage from the letter that guests have received:
“Thank you for choosing the Walt Disney World Resort as your vacation destination!
The future of Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort is being re-imagined. While we recognize this will cause a degree of disruption to your stay, we are making every effort to ensure that your visit to Walt Disney World is magical.
As shared previously, please be aware that Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Banana Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post will be closed for refurbishment during your visit.
There will be a variety of dining options available to you for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
• Centertown, a dining location, will serve a Caribbean-style buffet for breakfast and a la carte dinner offerings.
• A selection of grab-and-go meals will be conveniently available for purchase throughout the day in three new island markets located in the Aruba, Jamaica and Martinique regions of the Resort.
• In-room dining will remain available. The menu includes pizza, sandwiches and pasta.
• Disney dining plans will be accepted for these offerings.
• Dining locations will make every effort to assist you with your dietary needs.
Additionally, you will still be able to make a splash at our feature pool—Fuentes del Morro Pool—or at one of our leisure pools during your stay.
Please note that noise will be heard while our Resort is being re-imagined, but noise should not be heard from your Guest room between dusk and 9:00 AM daily.
As a thank you for your continued patronage, you will be receiving a $75 Disney Gift Card per room for each night of your stay upon check-in at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort. If you were previously offered a $25 Disney Gift Card per room for each night of your stay, this will replace that offer. This gift card can be used at participating Walt Disney World Resort Food & Beverage and Merchandise locations. For complete terms and conditions please visit.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact your original booking agent.
- For reservations made through Disney Reservation Center or , please call 407-939-1822 between the hours of 7:00 AM-11:00 PM (ET).
- For reservations made through Disney Vacation Club Member Services, please call 800-800-9800 or 407-566-3800 between the hours of 9:00 AM-7:30 PM (ET) Monday through Friday or 9:00 AM- 5:30 PM (ET) Saturday and Sunday.
- If you booked your vacation through a travel agent, please contact your travel agent directly.
Should you have any questions or concerns once you arrive, General Manager Sheryl Koenes and her team at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will be happy to assist you. We look forward to hosting you as our Guest and wish you a truly magical stay!”
What do you all think about how Disney is handling this renovation situation at the resort? Which deal would you take if it were you?