It’s beginning to feel a lot like Olaf’s favorite time of the year! All things are hot and summer is on the way. Some things are worth melting for, and this cute Olaf Candy Apple is definitely worth melting caramel for. Check out the recipe below from D23.com as we build a snowman… in candy apple form!
- Your favorite kind of apple–any kind will do (the rounder the better)
- 1 bag caramel bits
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips plus a handful more for Olaf’s eyes
- Candy corn or cone-shaped corn chips
- Fruit-flavored gummies
- Lollipop stick (we recommend using one at least eight inches long)
- Plastic squeeze bottle (optional)
1. Rinse and thoroughly dry apple, then insert an eight-inch lollipop stick into the stem end of it.
2. Prepare caramel bits according to package until melted.
3. Dip apple into melted caramel until evenly coated. Spoon caramel over apple if necessary, making sure to allow excess caramel to drip off.
4. Scrape caramel off bottom of apple, then set apple on a wax-paper-covered plate and refrigerate for at least one hour. Once caramel has set, take apple out of refrigerator.
5. Melt white chocolate chips in a double boiler. Once chocolate is melted, dip caramel-covered-apple into white chocolate until evenly coated. Spoon white chocolate over apple if necessary, making sure to allow excess chocolate to drip off.
6. Scrape white chocolate off bottom of apple, then set apple on a wax-paper-covered plate and refrigerate for at least one hour. Once white chocolate has set, take apple out of refrigerator.
7. Melt milk chocolate chips in a double boiler. Once chocolate is melted, dip pieces of fruit-flavored gummies in milk chocolate and lay onto a wax-paper-covered plate and refrigerate for about 30 minutes. Set aside.
Use remaining melted milk chocolate as “glue” to stick on two large chocolate chips on the apple for Olaf’s eyes, a piece of candy corn for Olaf’s nose, and chocolate-covered gummies in front of the lollipop stick for Olaf’s hair, and to draw the rest of Olaf’s features—eyebrows, smile, and tooth. We suggest placing melted chocolate in a plastic squeeze bottle or a re-sealable sandwich bag for drawing Olaf’s features.