While typically we are drinking coffee or tea from our favorite Disney mug, Family.Disney.com is sharing a fun recipe to bake a mug cake! For this scenario, they are using their Chip (from Beauty and the Beast) Mug for this adorable Chip Mug Cake recipe. If you don’t have a Chip mug, no worries! Snag your favorite Disney mug and let the magic begin. Happy baking Disney fans!
Chip Mug Cake
- 1 Earl Grey tea bag
- 1 Tbsp hot water
- ¼ cup flour or pancake mix
- 3 Tbsp white or brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder or ⅛ tsp baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 3 Tbsp dairy, nut, oat, or coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil or melted butter
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- ¼ cup whipped cream or whipped topping
- 2 chocolate sandwich cookies, crumbled
- Pearl sprinkles
- Red rose icing decoration
Helpful Tip: All baking and microwave use should be done by an adult.
1. Tear open an Earl Grey tea bag. Measure ½ teaspoon of the tea leaves and combine with 1 tablespoon of hot water in a small cup. Set aside.
2. Combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in the Chip mug. Use a fork to stir all the dry ingredients together until thoroughly mixed and no lumps remain.
3. Add milk, oil, vanilla, and tea mixture (tea and tea leaves) to the dry ingredients. Stir together to form a batter. Cook in the microwave for 90 seconds, then remove from the microwave and let sit for 5 minutes before decorating.
4. To make the grey stuff topping, gently mix whipped cream with cookie crumbles. Dollop the grey stuff on top of the mug cake, then decorate with pearl sprinkles and a red rose icing decoration.