Because everything is better when it’s shaped like Mickey Mouse… Family.Disney.com has a super cute DIY Mickey Bird Feeder. This little bird feeder shaped like Mickey Mouse will add Disney magic to your backyard! Your little ones will love counting the feathered friends that visit once it’s hanging outside the window.
What You’ll Need:
- 4 cups mixed bird seed
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 packet of plain gelatin
- Wax paper
- Cookie cutters
- Twine or yarn
How To Make It:
1. Combine bird seed, flour, water, gelatin, and corn syrup in a mixing bowl.
2. Using a spoon, pack the bird seed mixture into the cookie cutters.
3. Use a straw to poke a hole at the top of the bird feeder. Leave straw in mixture until dry.
4. Let dry, preferably overnight. Remove straw. (If the mixture is still wet, you may bake in the oven on the lowest setting for an hour or so.)
5. Thread twine or yarn through bird feeder and hang outside for the birds!
Need a little video help? Click here.