The Epcot International Festival of the Arts will return in 2019. The 2019 festival will be a 39 day long celebration that will focus on a variety of different types of art, including visual, culinary and performing arts. The festival is set to begin on January 18th and will run through February 25th. It is sure to be fun for the entire family with a variety of different activities, workshops, experiences, cuisine and more. New for 2019, the Disney on Broadway musical performances will be offered daily! The daily showings will be 5:30 PM, 6:45 PM and 8 PM.
The performances will take place at the America Gardens Theatre stage within the American Adventure pavilion in Epcot’s World Showcase. There will be a different pair each week performing songs from shows like “The Lion King,” “Frozen” and “Beauty and the Beast”. Here is a look at the line-up of performers:
- Kerry Butler (“Beauty and the Beast”) and Kevin Massey (“Tarzan”)
- Meredith Inglesby (“The Little Mermaid”) and Steve Blanchard (“Beauty and the Beast”)
- Arielle Jacobs and Adam Jacobs (“Aladdin”)
- Heidi Blickenstaff (“Freaky Friday”) and Gavin Lee (“Mary Poppins”)
- Ashley Brown (“Mary Poppins”) and Josh Strickland (“Tarzan”)
- Kissy Simmons and Alton Fitzgerald White (“The Lion King”)
The concert series is included with park admission to Epcot, but if guests are interested in reserved seating they can do so by booking a Disney on Broadway Concert Series Dining Package. These packages will be available starting on November 8th for booking during event dates.
Here are a few other highlights of what guests can expect during the festival:
- Everyone’s invited to grab a paintbrush and help create a wall mural along World Showcase Plaza.
- At the Artful Photo Opportunities, you can step inside masterworks of art and take photos with friends.
- The Paint with a Disney Artist program invites guests to learn under the tutelage of a professional (offered select Fridays and Sundays, including continental breakfast, for an additional fee).
- Performing artists are scheduled throughout the festival, demonstrating gravity-defying feats of strength, acrobatics and many other skills.
- International musical and variety acts will share their talents with guests, including the return of Bodh’aktan to the Canada stage and Delta Q, a new group performing in Germany.
- Guests can join in the fun of Figment’s Brush with the Masters Scavenger Hunt by purchasing a map at select merchandise locations.
- A variety of workshops led by professionals will teach different artistic techniques, such as floral design, ink and paint, mixed-media art and more (offered Friday-Monday for an additional fee). As a memento of what they learn, guests will take their creations home with them. Details on workshop registration
will be released soon.
- Complimentary 30-minute seminars will give guests helpful instruction for producing their own artwork at home.
Who else can’t wait to check out the 2019 Epcot International Festival of the Arts?
Photo and Source Credit: Disney Parks Blog