D23 has announced some extra celebration and fun for D23 Gold and Gold Family Members during the 20th Anniversary celebration for the opening of Disney’s Animal Kingdom. This is a huge celebration for the park since it first opened to guests on April 22nd, 1998. April 22nd is also Earth Day, a very fitting day for the park to celebrate its birthday! One of the extras only for members is the opportunity to purchase a “20th Anniversary FAN Celebration Pass” which will cost $20, plus a $5 per-person processing fee. The experience will give guests a lot of valuable extras including:
- Reserved viewing for a very special 20th anniversary celebration in front of the Tree of Life
- Commemorative 20th Anniversary digital photo
- Three FastPass+ selections at the park (will exclude Pandora – The World of Avatar attractions)
- Reserved viewing for one of the Rivers of Lights performances that evening
- Exclusive D23 member gift
There will only be a limited amount of members that will be able to purchase another special pass, the “VIP 20th Anniversary FAN Celebration Pass” which will be on sale for $275, plus a $5 per-person processing fee. Guests that purchase this pass will receive the following:
- Everything included in the “20th Anniversary FAN Celebration Pass”
- Special VIP Viewing for one of the Festival of the Lion King performances
- A private reception in Dinoland, U.S.A.
- A special dinner inside of the theater for Festival of the Lion King
- Additional exclusive D23 member gift
- Visits from special guests of Disney’s Animal Kingdom
D23 Gold and Gold Family Members will have the opportunity to get a ticket for themselves plus one guest for either the “20th Anniversary FAN Celebration Pass” or the “VIP 20th Anniversary FAN Celebration Pass.” All of the guests in attendance must be at least 3 years old. Guests should remember that the event tickets will not include admission to the park, so that will need to be purchased separately for each guest. Both passes will be on sale beginning March 19th. The 20th Anniversary FAN Celebration Pass will be on sale starting at 12 PM PST on that day, while the VIP 20th Anniversary FAN Celebration Pass will go on sale a little earlier on that at 10 AM PST.
How many of you out there would love to have one of these amazing passes?