This morning was an exciting time of announcements at Destination D23. Here’s the Walt Disney World information that Thomas Smith shared on Disney Parks Blog.
Thank you for watching our special weekend LIVE coverage of Destination D23 from Walt Disney World Resort. Keep checking the Disney Park Blog for the latest on all of the stories shared today and more!
And to wrap his presentation, Josh celebrated with a variety of updates on fan-favorite experiences and offerings from Disney parks including:
- Character dining is serving up fun again at Chef Mickey’s and other dining locations.
- The iconic Dapper Dans Barbershop Quartet is back with their merry melodies.
- Guests are once again enjoying Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park.
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure is now open at the newly expanded France pavilion at EPCOT!
- Also at EPCOT, the Taiko Drummers are back in action and Friendship Boats are sailing again.
- Beignets have returned to Disney’s Port Orleans Resort, along with refillable cups.
- “Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage” has returned and it’s as enchanting as ever!
- Couples are saying “I do” at Disney again with the comeback of Disney Fairy Tale Weddings.
- Holiday foods are back, including the frozen salted caramel hot chocolate at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Christmas Cookie Sundaes at Magic Kingdom, Peppermint Cheesecake Mousse at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Red Velvet Mini Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Icing at EPCOT.
- And yes – Churros are also back!
- We’re getting the ball rolling at Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular as it returns in December.
- During the celebration of the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort, the Electrical Water Pageant is lighting up the night.
- “A Celebration of Festival of the Lion King” is a must-see at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Miniature golf is back at Winter Summerland Golf at the Walt Disney World Resort.
- The holiday gingerbread houses have returned to the hotel lobbies at the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa, Disney’s Beach Club Resort and Epcot’s American Adventure Rotunda!
- At Princess Fairy Tale Hall – Princess Tiana is back!
Disney Imagineers are working on bringing characters – of all sizes – to life in authentic ways at Disney Parks and right now they’re developing a full-body exoskeleton system they’ve nicknamed “Project EXO.” It’s still in early concept development and Josh and team shared a glimpse at what the future of Disney Parks may look like!
BREAKING: The next-generation MagicBand+ wearable technology and “Hey, Disney!” voice assistant, recently announced for Walt Disney World Resort, will be coming to Disneyland Resort in 2022!
Josh just shared a new image showing exciting progress being made for the much-anticipated TRON attraction coming to Magic Kingdom Park at the Walt Disney World Resort.
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser at Walt Disney World Resort will take you to a galaxy far, far away for an immersive vacation experience that goes beyond anything Disney has ever created before, inviting you to be the hero of your own Star Wars story beginning March 1, 2022.
This morning, Josh gave a special sneak peek of lightsaber training in Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser, where you’ll feel the Force as you train like a Jedi.
Walt Disney World Resort will also welcome Make-A-Wish children and their families as some of the very first guests to experience a Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser voyage.
BREAKING: Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind will open to guests in summer 2022 in EPCOT as part of the Walt Disney World Resort 50th Anniversary celebration!
Debuting in the newly renamed World Discovery neighborhood of EPCOT, this family-thrill coaster attraction will match the scale and adventure of the “Guardians of the Galaxy” films, inviting guests on an intergalactic chase through time and space. It will feature the first reverse launch on a Disney coaster and will be one of the longest fully enclosed coasters in the world.
Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind will feature Academy Award-nominated actress Glenn Close reprising her role as Nova Prime, the Xandarian leader and commander of the Nova Corps.
As part of the historic transformation of EPCOT, teams have been reimagining the front of the park and the entry experience for guests. In the future, there will be a new location near Spaceship Earth called Dreamers Point with a spectacular view of the park and a new statue of Walt Disney! Disney Imagineers are now working to bring this new statue to life.
Josh also shared the name of a new quick-service restaurant, Connections Café and Eatery, debuting in the World Celebration neighborhood of EPCOT as part of the park’s ongoing transformation.
Keep up with all the latest Disney information on Disney Tips and like our Facebook Page.