The D23 Expo is set for August 23rd through August 25th, 2019 at the Anaheim Convention Center. The event will bring together fans from all over the place to check out a variety of events, announcements and more. We have already confirmed that there will be major announcements around Epcot’s continued transformation. We have more details about what guests can expect below.
Per Disney Parks Blog, D23 Expo attendees can experience the Disney Parks “Imagining Tomorrow, Today” pavilion, which will give fans a unique look at the exciting developments underway at our parks and resorts around the world, including the historic transformation of Epcot coming to Walt Disney World Resort. Also in the pavilion, fans can get a first look at Tony Stark’s latest plans to recruit guests to join alongside the Avengers in fully immersive areas coming to Hong Kong, Paris, and California.
There will be the Hall 23 presentation with Bob Chapek, chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products that will be offered on Sunday, August 15th, 2019 at 10:30 AM. The presentation will include announcements and details on upcoming attractions and offerings.
There will be sopping opportunities including:
- shopDisney.com | Disney Store
- Disney DreamStore
- Mickey’s of Glendale
- Mickey’s of Glendale Pin Store
Here is a rundown of some of the panels that are planned:
Friday, Aug. 23
- 12:30 p.m. – The Music and Sounds of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at D23 Expo Arena
- 4 p.m. – Behind the Art of Disney Costuming: Heroes, Villains and Spaces Between at Stage 28
Saturday, Aug. 24
- 12:30 p.m. – Haunted Mansion: Celebrating 50 Years at D23 Expo Arena
- 3:30 p.m. – Immersive Worlds: Bringing Stories to Life in Disney Parks at Stage 28
- 6 p.m. – Travels with Marty: A Conversation with the Sklars and Imagineers at Walt Disney Archives Stage
Sunday, Aug. 25
- 2 p.m. – Inspiring Women Behind Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Stage 28
- 4 p.m. – Magic Journey: My Fantastical Walt Disney Imagineering Career with Kevin Rafferty at Walt Disney Archives Stage
- 5:30 p.m. – Marc Davis in His Own Words – Imagineering the Disney Theme Park at Stage 28
Who else can’t wait to hear all of the announcements at D23?
Photo and Source Credit: Disney Parks Blog