What’s a yummy snack for any Star Wars fan? Well, a legendary Wookiee warrior in cookie form sounds like the perfect treat! Oh, and don’t forget to add the blue milk! Family.Disney.com has an ideal recipe for any Jedi out there with these “Chewie” chocolate chip cookie cups with an added element of fun – blue milk. Happy baking!
Wookiee Cookie Cups
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 Cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 Cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Silicone mold
- 1/4 Cup white chocolate chips
- Blue gel food coloring
- 1 Cup milk
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. In a stand mixer, cream the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until fully incorporated and fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla extract, and mix until batter is smooth. Then, add in the flour, baking soda, and salt, and mix on low speed until a dough forms. Mix in 1/2 cup of semisweet chocolate chips.
3. Using a teaspoon, scoop dough and place it into the mold. Using a small spatula, spread the dough so it’s evenly distributed in the mold. Be careful not to leave any gaps, as that will make holes in the cookies.
4. Add about a tablespoon of dough to the top of the mold to make the base of the cookie cup. This should fully cover the surface. Avoid filling it all the way to the top because the dough will rise while baking.
5. Repeat and fill in the remaining molds.
6. Place the mold onto a baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes, or until the tops turn a dark golden brown.
7. While the cookie cups are cooling, slice off the puffy tops that have formed up past the rim. This will help the cups stand up evenly. Then, place in the freezer for about an hour to help firm up the cookies.
8. Once cookies are frozen, gently pop them out from the silicone molds.
9. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips for the inside coating. Microwave at 30-second intervals until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Use the small spatula to coat the inside of the cookie cups with melted chocolate (make sure to coat evenly and try not to miss any spots to prevent the milk from leaking).
10. Repeat the same steps to melt all of the white chocolate.
11. Use leftover semisweet chocolate to draw on Chewbacca’s face and bandolier with a toothpick. Add details with the melted white chocolate. Freeze the cookie cups again until chocolate hardens (about 15 minutes).
12. Make the blue milk by adding a few dabs of blue food coloring. Mix the milk until the desired blue color is achieved.
13. Let the cookie cups set to room temperature before adding the milk.
14. Drink the milk first before enjoying the cookie.