All of the Star Wars fans out there can’t wait for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge to open at Walt Disney World. The opening of the new land will mean a completely immersive experience into all things found in the Star Wars universe. Here are the facts that we know so far about this much-anticipated land.
1. The land will officially open in 2019!: The new land may open in 2019, but it will first open at Disneyland in California and then it will finally debut at Walt Disney World.
2. The land is set on a new planet, Batuu: Guests who come to the land will be immersed into the planet Batuu. The planet is a remote outpost on the edge of the galaxy.
3. Guests will get to fly the Millenium Falcon: One of the new attractions will give guests the experience of flying the Millenium Falcon. Guests will complete a mission during their flight. The performance during the flight will determine how the flight will end. It could be that a guest earns galactic credits or they could end up on a bounty hunter list.
4. There is a second attraction that will be added: The second attraction will take guests onto a Star Destroyer. The guests will feell like they are truly inside a hangar bay and will find themselves in the middle of an epic battle. Will you root for the First Order or the Resistance?
5. The cantina in the land will serve blue milk: We have only heard about one edible item thus far, although we know there will be more. We know the cantina will serve blue milk, just like in “Star Wars IV: A New Hope.”
6. There will definitely be character experiences in the land: Guests will absolutely have the opportunity to meet and greet with many of their favorite Star Wars characters.
7. New merchandise locations and goodies are planned: There will definitely be new shops and merchandise locations that will feature many different toys and other items that you can only find in the Star Wars universe. One of the locations will be overseen by a Toydarian, which first debuted in “Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.”
8. There is already merchandise for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge available for purchase: The first merchandise was already made available in December. The themed merchandise includes items like shirts and hats.
9. There is a model of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge on Display: A model of portions of the new land is on display at the end of Walt Disney Presents located in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Who else out there can’t wait for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge to finally open? What are you most hoping that Disney will add to the new land?
Photo and Source Credit: Disney Parks Blog