Disney’s Magical Express has been transporting Guests staying on Walt Disney World property to and from Orlando International Airport since 2005. Earlier this year, Disney announced that the service would end on December 31, 2021. That meant that Guests would need to find a different way to and from the airport.
Almost immediately, Mears Transportation Group announced Mears Connect. It will start on January 1, 2022. Signs for Mears Connect have been added to Orlando International Airport.
Mears Transportation Group shared two pictures and the following update on Instagram:
Mears Connect is ready to welcome our guests to Orlando! Signage is up at Orlando International Airport (MCO). Mears Connect will be located in the same location as Disney’s Magical Express was located, level 1, ground transportation level, of Terminal B. We so look forward to welcoming our first guests and all of our guests!
Mears Connect will be similar to Disney’s Magical Express, except, of course, that it is a paid service. Many people don’t realize that Mears is the company that has been running Disney’s Magical Express, Disney contracted them for the service.
The cost for Mears Connect will be $16 one way for each passenger who is ten and older, and $13.50 for ages three through nine. Children under three will ride for free. Roundtrips will cost $32 for each rider ten and older and $27 for children. This is an introductory rate.
Here is the complete list of Resorts that will be served by Mears Connect. Unlike Disney’s Magical Express, some Resorts not owned by Walt Disney World will still be serviced.
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- B Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
- The Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World® Resort
- Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center
- Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace – Disney Springs
- Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista – Disney Springs
- Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs
- JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort
- Orlando World Center Marriott
- Shades of Green on Walt Disney World® Resort
- Signia by Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
- Waldorf Astoria Orlando
- Walt Disney World Dolphin
- Walt Disney World Swan
- Walt Disney World Swan Reserve
- Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
- Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs
Keep up with all the latest Disney information on Disney Tips and like our Facebook page.