With all this talk about the live action film of Mulan, we can’t help but channel our inner warrior with a delicious Mulan-inspired recipe from Family.Disney.com. With a little hard work and believing in yourself, we’re sure you will be able to bring honor to us all in the kitchen with this Mulan Milkshake!
Ingredients: (serves 2)
- MAGNOLIA BLOSSOM COOKIES:
- 1/4 Cup pink candy melts
- 6 mini chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 Cup French vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 Cup milk
- 1 Cup pistachio ice cream
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate cookie crumbs
- Green sprinkles
- Maraschino cherries
- Plastic spoons
- Nonstick spray or oil
- Piping bag
- Thick blue ribbon
- Thin red ribbon
- Green straws
Helpful Tip: All cutting should be done by an adult.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
1. To make the petals for the magnolia blossom cookies, lightly grease some plastic spoons. Melt pink candy melts in a small bowl in the microwave at 15-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until fully melted.
2. Place the melted candy into a piping bag, make a small snip at the tip, then pipe teardrop-shaped dollops onto the center of the greased spoons. Place in freezer to completely harden.
3. Slide the pink “petals” off of the spoons and set aside. If the petal edges are jagged, smooth them over with the tip of your finger.
4. To make the cookies, place a small dollop of melted candy into the center of a mini chocolate cookie. Attach 5-6 petals, with their shiny sides facing out, until you get a finished flower cookie.
5. Prep the milkshake’s decor by wrapping a thick piece of blue ribbon around the middle of a glass, then use tape to secure. Place a thinner piece of red ribbon atop the blue ribbon, and again secure with tape.
6. In a blender, blend the French vanilla ice cream with 2 tablespoons of milk. Pour into the glasses until each is half full. Place in the freezer.
7. In the same blender, blend together the pistachio ice cream and 2 additional tablespoons of milk. Remove the glasses from the freezer, then pour the green shake atop the bottom yellow layer.
8. Top each shake with whipped cream, chocolate cookie crumbs, green sprinkles, and a Maraschino cherry. Insert a straw into each shake and magnolia blossom cookies atop or on the side.