As Walt Disney World gears up for reopening to guests at select resorts on June 22, there were thousands of Cast Members recalled for a return work date of June 14. It looks like a recall for more Cast Members is in the works for Food and Beverage at select locations with a start date of June 21, 2020.
The Orlando Hotel and Restaurant Workers Movement (Local 737 UniteHere) shared on their Facebook page that full-time Cast Members are being recalled for select Disney Resort restaurants and bars.
The list includes:
- Animal Kingdom Lodge: Cocktail Servers, Food Handlers, Kidani Village Bars
- Boardwalk: Abracadabar, Bars
- Contemporary: Pools Bar, Bay Lake Tower Bars
- Disney Springs: Hangar Bar
- Ft. Wilderness: Crockett’s Tavern
- Grand Floridian: Enchanted Rose, Pool Bars, Service Bars
- Magic Kingdom: Food Handlers
- Old Key West: Gurgling Suitcase
- Polynesians: Bars
- Riviera: Bar Riva
- Saratoga Springs: Pool Bars
- Wilderness Lodge: Geyser Point
- Yacht & Beach: Martha’s Vineyard
We are excited to see the progress as Disney is slowly but surely getting ready for the reopening of select resorts on June 22, and the phased reopening of the parks on July 11. We’ll keep you posted as we learn more!
Source: Local 737 Facebook