We have the news we’ve all been waiting for! Walt Disney World Resort shared their proposed dates and plans today, May 27, with the Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force. Here are the details as follows:
Walt Disney World Resort officials reported The Walt Disney Resort would like to open with a phased approach for Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Animal Kingdom on Saturday, July 11 and for Disney’s Hollywood Studios and EPCOT on Wednesday, July 15.
There will be phased capacity along with Cast Member previews and soft opening days. The goal with this phased reopening is to “learn and adjust along the way.” Overall attendance will be limited.
There will be a new theme park reservation system. This will be required for guests to use to obtain park entry in advance of arrival. More to come soon from Disney on this.
5 Health and Safety protocols will be implemented including:
- Enhanced Protective Measures (includes required face covering for guests and cast members, barriers, and sanitizing stations)
- Physical Distancing (reduction in capacity)
- Enhanced Cleaning and Sanitzation
- Temperature / Health Watch
- Limited Contact Enhancements (includes pausing meet & greets and play areas)
Other announcements included:
- Increased training of Cast Members
- Guests will know what to expect well before they arrive
- Suspended parades, fireworks, and other crowd entertainment for now.
*UPDATE – after this post was made, Disney released even MORE details including Walt Disney World resort stays. Click here for more.
Even though plans have been submitted, Orange County Mayor, Jerry Demings, must sign off on the plans before they can be submitted to Florida Governor, Ron DeSantis.
Universal Orlando Resort was the first to submitted their reopening plans at the Orange County Task Force Meeting on May 21. Their proposal of opening to the public on June 5th was approved. We predict Walt Disney World’s proposal will be approved without any hiccups as well.
May 20 was Phase One reopening of Disney Springs. The proposal from Walt Disney World today, falls on the same day (May 27) Phase Two reopening of Disney Springs begins. Phase Two includes the opening of Disney owned restaurants and shopping.
We’re so thrilled to have a proposed date for reopening! Are you packing your bags yet?
Meeting Video Source available here.