Oooh! Those cute little Green Aliens from Toy Story are making their way into your kitchen. Family.Disney.com shares a fantastic recipe along with a video if you need a little extra guidance. The only “claw” you have to worry about here are the little “claws” that will be reaching for these delicious cupcakes the moment you finish! Happy baking!
Toy Story Green Alien Cupcakes
PREP: 15 Min, COOK: 25 Min
- Cupcakes, baked from your favorite recipe
- White frosting, store-bought or from your favorite recipe
- Neon green food coloring
- Mint-flavored chewable candies (found packaged in rolls)
- Green apple sour belts
- Green apple sour straws, cut into 2″ pieces
- Black decorator gel icing
- Kitchen shears, or a small leaf shaped fondant cutter
1. First, mix up a batch of alien green icing by adding few drops of neon green food coloring to your favorite white icing.
2. Prepare your aliens’ ears. Cut ears, shaped like teardrops, from green apple belts. A pair of kitchen shears works well, or use a small leaf shaped fondant cutter. You will need 2 ears for each cupcake.
3. Frost cupcakes and insert a 2″ sour straw antenna. Press your ears into the sides of the cupcake.
4. Line up three mint-flavored, chewable candies as eyes, and dot with black gel icing for pupils.
5. Give your aliens an awed expression by drawing on a circle for a mouth with black gel icing.
Check out this video to better help with the recipe!