Remember this scene from Zootopia? The massive donut rolls through a small shrew town while Judy Hopps chases down the bad guy. Judy saves the day as she catches the big donut just before it hits Mr. Big’s lovely daughter, Fru Fru. Well, Family.Disney.com has a fantastic cake recipe inspired by “The Big Donut” that we just have to share! Happy baking Zootopia fans!
The Big Donut from Zootopia
Prep 30 min. / Cook 20 min.
- Yellow cake mix
- Chocolate frosting
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Pink fondant (or white fondant and red food coloring)
- Round cake pan
1. Preheat your oven and follow box instructions to prepare yellow cake mix.
2. Bake cake and remove once cool.
3. Meanwhile, roll out fondant onto a cutting board. Use a small paring knife to cut out “THE BIG” in smaller letters and “DONUT” in larger letters. Set aside.
4. Once cake is cool, put it on a plate. (Tip: To easily remove cake from cake pan, place a large plate over the pan, hold the edges together and flip upside-down so the cake pops out onto the plate.)
5. Use a small glass or mason jar and cut out a circle in the middle of the cake. Remove center piece and extra crumbs.
6. Frost only the top of the cake to resemble a frosted donut.
7. Add sprinkles and fondant letters on top.
Serve and enjoy!