We previously announced that a variety of new entertainment and experiences would begin in January at Walt Disney World, and that time is finally here! We have a rundown of the experiences that have opened today, as well as reminders of a couple more coming over the next few months.
Mickey & Minnie’s Surprise Celebration at Magic Kingdom Park
- This celebration is to honor Mickey and Minnie Mouse. There will be a special entertainment, merchandise, food and beverages, and more. The new “Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party in front of Cinderella Castle has also debuted.
Party with Pixar Pals as Disney’s Hollywood Studios Celebrates 30 Years
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios is celebrating its 30th anniversary in 2019 with the help of some of our Pixar favorites. An Incredible Celebration has arrived at the park featuring Mr. Incredible, Mrs. Incredible and Frozone in “the Super Shindig” dance party. Guests will also get to meet Edna Mode during the event, too. Mike and Sulley from Monsters, Inc. will be meeting and greeting with guests inside Walt Disney Presents.
More Broadway Music Than Ever at Epcot International Festival of the Arts
- The 2019 Epcot International Festival of the Arts officially kicked off today. The festival will run through February 25th. Guests will be able to enjoy culinary arts, performing arts, visual arts and more. Guests won’t want to miss the Disney on Broadway Concert Series each and every day of the festival.
Feel the Love During “Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party” at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Timon and Rafiki from Disney’s The Lion King are celebrating the 25th anniversary of their film with this fun dance party in Discovery Island.
And if you will be visiting later in the year, there are also other exciting things coming:
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy: We just announced the official release date of March 31st, 2019 for this new experience coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- The Lion King Comes to the Tree of Life: Starting Memorial Day weekend and running through September 30th, 2019, the Tree of Life at Disney’s Animal Kingdom will awaken with projections, music and animation that pay tribute to The Lion King
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Awesome Mix Live!: This fun musical entertainment is set to return to Epcot this summer. The show will take place each day from June 14th through August 18th.
Which of these new entertainment offerings are you most excited for?
Photo and Source Credit: Disney Parks Blog