We are excited to share that Morimoto Asia in Disney Springs will be hosting the Sakura Festival for the second year. The festival is a month long celebration that is dedicated to the cherry blossom. The festival will run from March 8th through March 31st, 2019. During this time the restaurant will be decorated with beautiful decor, including many pink blooms of the Sakura. There will be a series of events offered during this time that guests will definitely want to check out while they can! We have a look at the first two events of the festival below so you can start making plans. The first is the Crooked Can Happy Hour and the second is one we previously announced ticket sales for, Rosé All Day.
Crooked Can Happy Hour
What: Crooked Can Happy Hour
When: Friday, March 8th from 5PM to 7 PM
Details: Kick off the festival with Crooked Can Brewing Company’s brewmasters to taste the Sakura Kolsch, available only at Morimoto Asia paired with a gourmet selection of Pan-Asian light bites upstairs in the Forbidden Lounge. Crooked Can offerings will be available for $5. No tickets necessary.
Rosé All Day
What: Rosé All Day
When: Sunday, March 10th from 11:30 AM to 3:30 PM
Ticket Price: $55 (Tickets are already available and can be purchased HERE)
Details: The afternoon tasting event highlighting the famed pink drink will feature multiple stations of Rosé including 11 wineries, two sakes, and a thoughtful selection of food pairings meant to enhance the flavors of each wine. Each guest will also receive a complimentary souvenir stemless tasting glass before departure.
- Erath Pinot Noir Rosé – Paired with scallops bathed in a butter black bean sauce
- M Chapoutier Bellarouche Rosé – Paired with Peking duck
- Domaine De Cala Rosé – Paired with octopus light yuzu koshu
- Smoke Tree Rosé – Paired with a beef yakiniku lettuce wrap with quick kimchi mayo
- Vinho Verde Rosé – Paired with chicken yakitori
- Banfi Rosé – Paired with raw bar menu items
- Hana Hou Hou Rosé Sake – Paired with pork belly
- Shayna – Fleurs Da Prairie – French Rosé – Paired with miso glazed salmon belly
- Strawberry Nigori Sake – Paired with banana lumpia dessert
- Dewatsuru Rosé Sake – Paired with tonkatsu-style pork
- Meriden Rosé – Paired with assorted Dim Sum
Who else out there would love to check out the Sakuri festival this March?