Peanut buttery goodness here we come! What’s better than a peanut butter cookie anyway?! A peanut butter cookie with a dose of Mickey of course! This Family.Disney.com recipe will have the family smiling ear to ear, not only because of the great taste but because a little bright Mickey is just what everyone needs. Happy baking!
Mickey Peanut Butter Cookies
Ingredients (serves 24):
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, more for rolling
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Nonstick spray or vegetable oil for cookie sheet, optional
- 2 dozen regular M&M’s and 4 dozen mini M&M’s
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3. Using an electric mixer, cream together butter, peanut butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar and light brown sugar.
4. Add egg, milk, and vanilla; beat until well blended.
5. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing thoroughly.
6. Spray oil or line a cookie sheet with nonstick liner and set aside.
7. Roll dough into 2-inch balls.
8. Roll cookies in sugar and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
9. Bake until very light brown and puffed, 6 to 8 minutes.
10. Remove sheet from oven and lightly press regular size M&M’s into center of each cookie has Mickey’s head, and place two mini M&M’s on either side as Mickey’s ears. Allow cookies to crack slightly when pressing M&M’s into cookie.
11. Return cookies to oven for 2 to 3 minutes until light golden brown.
12. Remove from oven, cool completely.