There have been rumors circulating that the Tiki Room may be replaced at Magic Kingdom Park within Walt Disney World. Disney Parks Blog has shut the rumors down and confirmed that at this time there are no plans for the birds at the Tiki Room to go anywhere. Disney Parks Blog shared, “We’re constantly evolving our stories, but these birds will continue entertaining our guests at the Magic Kingdom Park just as they have done since 1971.”
Here are five fun facts about Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room from Disney Parks Blog:
- Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room is home to 88 singing birds, and over 225 choreographed Audio-Animatronic performers in total.
- Walt Disney was inspired to pursue the concept of singing birds after seeing a little mechanical bird on a trip to New Orleans.
- The Tiki Room was originally envisioned as a restaurant with a show, but eventually became the classic attraction that we know today.
- A version of the attraction exists at Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort and Tokyo Disneyland.
- While the Walt Disney World Resort attraction has gone through some changes over the years, it continues to delight thousands of guests each day!
Who loves to visit the Enchanted Tiki Room during their Walt Disney World vacations?
Photo and Source Credit: Disney Parks Blog