Entertainment and offerings at Walt Disney World are always changing. This is one of the great things about Disney can also be a sad thing when something that you really love ends up on the chopping block. We have a look at some of the upcoming planned cuts for you to be aware of for your upcoming trips. Some of these cuts were planned, but some come as a little more of a surprise. Check out the details below.
Magic Kingdom Park:
- Muppets Present Great Moments in American History: This offering in Liberty Square is set to close on October 6th.
- Mickey and Minnie Celebration Outfits: They will still be around, but will go back to their regular outfits and will be meeting in their regular places. The last day with the celebration outfits will be September 30th.
- Characters by Flagpole: The last day will be September 30th.
- Royal Majesty Makers: The last day will be October 5th.
- Move It! Shake It! Dance and Play It! Street Party: The show will still be offered but will change back to the original show and will have 2 shows per day. The last day for the current setup will be September 30th.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom:
- Hakuna Matata Dance Party: We knew this one would come to and end and is set for a last day of September 30th.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios:
- Incredibles Super Shindig: We knew this was only a short-term offering and the last day will be September 30th.
- Mike and Sulley: This one is only rumor at this point, but we have seen this one swirling on a couple fan sites. No date idea since this one isn’t confirmed.
- DJs Ready! Set! Party Time! Dance Party: The last day for this is expected to be September 30th.
- IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth: The popular fireworks show will have it’s last showing on September 30th with Epcot Forever starting on October 1st.
Did one of your favorites end up on the chopping block?
About the Author: Christy Caby – Personal Vacation Advisor with Magical Vacation Planner. For vacation quotes and free planning assistance visit: http://magicalvacationplanner.com/staff/christy-caby/. I’ve planned a wide variety of trips for families including varying sizes, celebrations and more! I have stayed in all resort categories and can help you make the best resort selection for your family’s interests and needs. I would love to assist you in planning your own magical vacation that you can share with your loved ones! Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/christy.caby. Also, check out my bio below!