We have learned about a brand new special New Year’s Eve event for guests to enjoy. Mickey’s New Years Eve BBQ will be hosted at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. This special themed BBQ will be hosted in the same location where Mickey’s Backyard BBQ is usually hosted at the resort. The event is a special ticketed event, so guests will have to purchase their tickets to this exciting event in advance. The meal will be an “all you care to enjoy” buffet-style meal, including a lot of delicious favorites. Mickey, Minnie and various other characters will also be at the event to dance and do meet and greets with the guests to ring in the new year.
The meal for the event is expected to include items like burger sliders, pasta, various sides and s’mores! Here is the full list that has been published, directly from the Disney website (menu items are always subject to change):
- A variety of meats, including smoked chicken, baked salmon, beef brisket and Italian sausage
- Lobster macaroni and cheese
- Baked potatoes and assorted toppings
- A hot vegetarian meal option
- Assorted cold salads, including kale salad, jicama carrot salad and roasted beet salad
- Appetizers, including a cheese board, vegetable crudités, crackers, breads and fresh fruit
- Kids’ options, like chicken nuggets, macaroni and cheese, hamburgers, hot dogs, fresh green beans and salad
- Assorted desserts, like mini s’mores mason jars, cherry cheesecake and chocolate truffles
There will be a live bluegrass band and a DJ playing music to keep the event lively and ready for guests to dance and party after they enjoy their meal. Guests will also have a special viewing area of the evening fireworks as they count down to the new year. It will be a comfortable, great way to watch the fireworks with fewer crowds than what the guests in the parks will be experiencing.
The event will begin at 8:30 PM on Sunday, December 31st and running through the midnight fireworks. The cost for the event is $95 per adult and $75 per child (ages 3 to 9). Children under 3 will be free.
What do you all think of this new offering? Who would love to ring in 2018 at this fabulous BBQ?
Source Credit: Disney World