This summer is a great time to visit Walt Disney World. The summer of 2018 will bring an “Incredible Summer” to all of Walt Disney world with new attractions and experiences for guests to check out and enjoy. There is something special coming to every single park this summer as well as Disney Springs. We have the details on all of it for you and it will definitely leave you ready to plan your summer vacation.
- The Incredibles Take Over Tomorrowland: There will be a special dance party at the Rocket Tower Stage featuring Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl, and Frozone from Disney•Pixar’s “The Incredibles” and “Incredibles 2.” Edna, the amazing superhero costume designer, will also make her first appearance in the parks to attend this fun event.
- The Guardians of the Galaxy Take the Stage: Guardians of the Galaxy fans are going to love this! Star-Lord and Gamora from the movies will be joining an alien band for some amazing tunes. The party will feature songs from Mixtapes 1 and 2, which are some of the songs from the soundtracks for both films. This will be just a little dose of Guardians of the Galaxy while we wait for the brand new themed attraction to open at Epcot.
- “Explorers Meet UP! A Great Bird Adventure”: Guests will have the opportunity to learn about birds and different bird species from around the world at this new show at the park. The star of the show is Senior Wilderness Explorer Russell and Dug from the film. It will be in the same location where Flights of Wonder was previously located in the Asia area of the park.
- “Dino-Tastic” Celebration for Donald Duck: There is a special new character celebration coming to Dinoland, U.S.A. featuring Donald Duck.
- “The Incredibles 2” Showings: The highly anticipated new Incredibles film, “Incredibles 2”, is scheduled to hit theaters on June 15th, 2018. Here is the synopsis that Disney Parks Blog provided for the film, “this time Helen is in the spotlight, while Bob navigates the day-to-day heroics of “normal” life at home with Violet, Dash and baby Jack-Jack, whose superpowers are emerging. When a new villain hatches a brilliant and dangerous plot, the family and Frozone must find a way to work together again—which is easier said than done, even when they’re all Incredible.”
- The Opening of Toy Story Land: This is probably the most exciting news of the summer. This amazing new themed land will be spread over 11 acres within the park and will be themed like guests have been shrunk down to the size of toys and are walking around in Andy’s back yard. The new land will also feature two new attractions, Slinky Dog Dash and Alien Swirling Saucers. You can also dine at Woody’s Lunch Box, a quick service location serving up delicious food for all the “toys” to enjoy.
It will be hard to beat Toy Story Land, but which of these new summer additions are you most looking forward to?
Photo and Source Credit: Disney Parks Blog