Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party nights at the Magic Kingdom are getting ready to start on select nights beginning September 2nd! Many guests of all ages do wear costumes to the event, but it is important to keep the rules in mind when planning your costume so that you don’t risk being asked to throw items away or prevented from entering the park. Here the basic rules for the 2016 costumes at the event:
For all guests:
- You can be denied admission to the event if the attire is considered to be inappropriate.
- No weapons or props that could be mistaken as weapons are allowed.
- No costumes with sharp or pointed objects.
- You may dress as Disney characters but cannot pose for pictures with guests or sign autographs as if you are actually that character.
For Guests under 14:
- Masks can only be worn if the eyes are fully visible through the mask. If a cast member can’t see your eyes, they will ask you to remove the mask.
For Guests 14+:
- Costume props that go around the entire body or have a lot of layers are discouraged. They will go through extra security and may not be allowed to enter the park.
- No costumes that touch or drag behind you on the ground.
- Cape length must be at waist level or above.
- No masks of any kind may be worn.