Disney is big on conservation efforts, so Earth Day is definitely a big day for Walt Disney World. Earth Day is April 22nd, which made it a very fitting day for Disney’s Animal Kingdom to officially open. This year’s Earth Day marks the 20th anniversary since the park first opened. The park’s Earth Day celebration, Party for the Planet, will return this year and will be bigger than ever this year to celebrate this amazing anniversary as well as our amazing planet. There will be several amazing events for guests to enjoy and celebrate while at Disney’s Animal Kingdom on April 22nd, 2018.
Here are some of the events that guests can check during Party for the Planet:
- There will be a kick-off to the event in front of the Tree of Life at the start of the day. There will be characters, music and more to get everyone excited for the day of fun.
- Amazing learning opportunities will be available at Rafiki’s Planet Watch. These experiences will offer the opportunity to see the vet center, learn about animal care and more.
- There will be special PhotoPass frames and photo opportunities for guests at the event. These will be to celebrate Party for the Planet as well as the 20th anniversary event.
- Look for the extra Wilderness Explorers location where guests can earn a limited-edition badge for the event. The badge will be around learning about how to protect our planet.
- Guests can enjoy a special dining experience where they can learn about conservation from experts while dining on a delicious meal at Tiffins.
- Be sure to check out the plates that the meals are served on at various areas around the park. There are expected to be themed Party for the Planet plates only for the event.
- For those of you that love to shop, there will definitely be exclusive 20th anniversary merchandise to commemorate this amazing milestone in the park’s history.
Who out there will be at the Earth Day 20th Anniversary celebration at Disney’s Animal Kingdom?