New Year’s Eve is one of the most popular days for the year for Walt Disney World. It is also one of the most magical places in the world where guests can begin their new year. Since all of Walt Disney World will be so crowded and experience a major increase in traffic, there will be changes happening around the resort in order to accommodate all of the extra guests. Guests should allow for extra time to get to their locations, no matter whether they are driving themselves or utilizing Disney transportation.
Guests will not be allowed to park at resorts unless they are staying at the resort or have a reservation that would give them the need to park directly at there resort. The following resorts will be strictly enforcing these rules:
- Disney’s BoardWalk Resort
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
Here are other changes that guests in the area will need to know about:
- Traffic Changes:
- December 30th and 31st, 6 PM to 11 PM: Seven Seas Drive will only have one-way traffic, routed west toward Floridian Way.
- Park Exiting Procedures – December 31st, 10 PM to 2:30 AM:
- Magic Kingdom: Guests will exit onto southbound World Drive.
- Epcot: Guests will exit onto Epcot Center Drive.
- Hollywood Studios: Guests will exit onto eastbound Buena Vista Drive.
- Animal Kingdom: Guests will exit via the usual exit onto Osceola Parkway.
- Disney Springs: Guests that exit via eastbound Buena Vista Drive will be directed toward Hotel Plaza Boulevard. Guests that exit via westbound Buena Vista Drive will be directed toward Epcot Center Drive.
To all of you celebrating the new year at Walt Disney World, please be safe and patient out there. It may take longer to get where you are going, but the most important thing is that everyone arrives safely. Please be sure to follow all signs that are posted and keep a look out for any additional traffic changes. Happy New Year’s to you all!