Have you been dreaming about working on Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser? If so, it may become a reality. Walt Disney World is now accepting applications, but for the time being, only one position. Currently, they are hiring for Immersive Experience Director. Are you wondering what that would look like and if you’re qualified? According to the Disney careers website, this is what they’re looking for:
“As an integral leader of the immersive game play experience for the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser, the Immersive Experience Director is responsible for providing creative direction in the moment to guide the stories and accommodate guest play. This role will continuously evaluate performer-to-guest dynamics while keeping the show “on rails” with culminating stories while maintaining the original creative integrity of the game. They will seek out new and innovative player experiences while providing constant monitoring, recommendations, and feedback in the moment to the performers and technicians based on guest interactions in real time. The Immersive Experience Directors are also responsible for establishing and maintaining Entertainment Show Quality standards in partnership with entertainment operational partners.
The Immersive Experience Director will be present to provide in-the-moment creative direction, inspiration, motivation, and mentorship to the cast and crew in order to ensure the ongoing quality of the guest game experience. They will have accountability for collaborating extensively with the overall experience Creative Director, other immersive experience directors, performers, hotel, food and beverage and entertainment operations, as well as Walt Disney Imagineering while always striving to make the experience better through shared findings, best practices, and group thinking. During performances, they are responsible to track and craft multiple story threads simultaneously based on guest interactions in order to provide real time direction to performers. Immersive Experience Directors will also take the lead in rehearsals for new casts and during the initial mounting of the experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience directing live entertainment experiences in an immersive environment
- Minimum of 3 years proven experience with improvisation and interactive theatre
- Knowledge of creative writing and stage performance
- Understanding of Alternate Reality Game (ARG) and Live Action Role Play (LARP) including branching narrative and collaborative play
- Available and willing to work weekends, holidays, and third shift, as needed
- Commitment to diversity and encourage an inclusive work environment that supports workforce diversity and diverse perspectives
- Ability to make immediate decisions and communicate them quickly and concisely
- Capability to create a feeling of ensemble
- Willing to take risks and adjust as needed to the desired outcome
- Can receive and deliver honest, actionable, and credible feedback to team members, as appropriate
- Ability to negotiate, to organize, to provide direction and to complete multiple tasks in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills and ability to lead conflict resolution with proven successful experience in team building and cross-functional collaboration
- Champion continuous process improvement with effective problem solving skills
- Exceptional communication skills, including ability to communicate knowledgeably with multiple partners at multiple levels, including site and domestic, executives
- Advanced presentation skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs, spreadsheet and presentation software, Microsoft outlook, including collaboration tools and file sharing programs and ability to learn new software applications quickly
- Knowledge of the Star Wars lore and brand
- Knowledge of Entertainment Production and Operations in a professional theatrical, theme park, or cruise line environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in related field”
Walt Disney World has already done casting for entertainment roles, including characters, but this does not mean there will not be more opportunities in the future.
Are you planning on applying? Let us know on our Facebook page.