What happens when you combine a little dish soap, water, and food coloring? With a little Mickey magic you’ll make bubble art! Keep reading to learn how to set up this fun activity for your family as shared by Family.Disney.com.
What You’ll Need:
- Small bowls
- Warm water
- Food coloring
- Non-toxic dish soap
- Paper straws
- Blank paper
- Mickey Mouse Template
How To Make It:
1. Fill a bowl about half way with warm water. Add about 10-15 drops of food coloring.
2. Add about a teaspoon of dish soap. Start with a small amount, and if you want more bubbles, add a little more dish soap. Gently stir the soap and food coloring together.
3. Use a straw to blow into the bowl to make bubbles. Adults, be sure to help younger children. Blow into the water until the bubbles are taller than the edge of the bowl.
4. Gently press the paper onto the bubbles. It may take a few tries (and a bit more food coloring) to get the bubbles to transfer to the paper. Play around with stirring up the bubbles, making them smaller and larger, and changing up the bubble pattern.
5. Repeat these steps with the additional colors.
6. Stay curious and creative! Play with layering various colors of bubbles onto one paper, or sticking with just one color.
7. Let the bubble art papers in the sun to dry completely.
8. If you haven’t done so already, download and print the Mickey Mouse template. Carefully cut out.
9. Trace the Mickey shape onto the bubble art pages.
10. Carefully cut out.
11. Voila! Display your art!
Notes: Supervise younger children with bowls of bubbles, and all cutting should be done by an adult.