Breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snack time… donuts are delicious anytime! This recipe from Family.Disney.com is extra sweet however as it’s inspired by our favorite couple, Mickey and Minnie Mouse! Grab the family and work up a little magic in the kitchen for this memorable treat.
Mickey & Minnie Donuts
Prep 30 Min. / Cook 10 Min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Spray donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda & salt.
4. In small bowl, whisk buttermilk, sugar, egg, butter & vanilla until smooth.
5. Add milk mixture to flour mixture; whisk until blended & smooth.
6. Spoon batter into a large zip-lock bag.
7. Cut off a corner & squeeze batter into each donut cup, about 1/3 full. Squeeze batter into a mini donut pan to create Mickey and Minnie’s ears.
8. Tap pan on counter to evenly spread batter into cups.
9. Bake 6-8 minutes or until tops of donuts spring back when touched.
10. Cool in pan 3-4 minutes; remove to cooling rack.
11. Cool completely before decorating.
12. Melt red, white, and yellow candy melts. Frost half of each donut with red candy melt. Add two yellow candy melt dots for a Mickey-inspired donut. Add white candy melt polka dots for a Minnie-inspired donut.
13. Use toothpicks to attach mini donuts as Mickey & Minnie’s ears.