Epcot International Festival of the Arts will kick off early in 2020 at Walt Disney World. The official dates for the event will be January 17th through February 24th, 2020. The event celebrates a variety of different kinds of art. One of the popular events that will return is the Disney on Broadway Concert Series, which is held in the America Gardens Theatre within the American Adventure Pavilion in Epcot. Thanks to Disney Parks Blog, we have a look at the currently scheduled performances:
- Jan. 17, 20, 21, 24 and 25 – Kissy Simmons and Alton Fitzgerald White (“The Lion King”)
- Jan. 18, 19, 22, 23 and 25 – Heidi Blickenstaff (“The Little Mermaid”; “Freaky Friday”) and Gavin Lee (“Mary Poppins”)
- Jan. 25 – Special performance featuring Simmons, White, Blickenstaff and Lee
- Jan. 26, 28, 29; Feb. 1, 2, 5, 6 and 9 – Kara Lindsay (“Newsies”) and Kevin Massey (“Tarzan”)
- Feb. 10, 12, 13, 18, 19, 22, 23 and 24 – Ashley Brown (“Mary Poppins”; “Beauty and the Beast”) and Josh Strickland (Tarzan)
- Additional January and February performances still to be announced.
All of the shows are included with regular Epcot theme park admission. Guests can also purchase a Disney on Broadway Dining Package which will guarantee seating to one of the performances that day.
Dining packages and workshops will be available for Disney Vacation Club Members and Walt Disney World Annual Passholders starting on November 13th. The general reservations for other guests will start on November 14th, 2019.
Here is a rundown from Disney Parks Blog on other things to see and do at the festival:
- Indulge in new culinary fun at the Le Cellier Brunch in the Canada pavilion, a leisurely prix fixe bounty each Saturday and Sunday in the relaxing Canadian chateau. Reservations required.
- Explore the Green Landing Family Play Zone where Wall-E and Eve invite the entire family to enjoy a lush, green environment built for exploring.
- Jump into photo-ops located throughout Epcot, such as the Peter Pan Storybook installation by the United Kingdom pavilion where guests can flap their fins in Mermaid Lagoon or get their pirate on at Skull Rock.
- Grab a paintbrush and add color to a wall mural along World Showcase Plaza.
- Join Figment’s Brush with the Masters, a scavenger hunt where the friendly dragon has painted himself into famous pieces of art in each World Showcase pavilion.
- Marvel at and purchase works by Disney’s iconic artists in displays throughout World Showcase.
- Watch visiting artists as they create new pieces, from Disney-inspired works to creative art across diverse mediums.
- Create festival-inspired T-shirts and candles.
Which performance are you most excited to see for the 2020 festival?
Photo and Source Credit: Disney Parks Blog
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!