Christmas is just around the corner, and that means it’s time to start making those wish lists. While kids around the globe are asking for the latest and greatest toys, and while most adults are wishing for new electronics and other nifty gadgets, a select few of us have Disney on the brain. You see, when it comes to amazing gift ideas, Disney World is chock full of them, and not all of them are even physical things. From elusive FastPasses and hard-to-get dining reservations to amazing experiences and even some souvenirs, there is something awesome around every corner in this magical place. For this reason, much of my holiday wish list consists of things only found at Walt Disney World Resort. Wondering what those things might be? Here’s my Disney World wish list for 2018.
In Disney World, FastPasses are valuable currency, and some FastPasses are nearly impossible to snag, making them even more valuable. In fact, there are a couple of FastPasses that are so difficult to get right now that they’ve made it onto my Christmas list:
- Avatar Flight of Passage: Easily the most amazing ride in all of Disney World, I don’t see Flight of Passage FastPasses getting any easier to get anytime soon. On top of that, I’ve never once seen the wait time for this attraction go any lower than an hour, and usually it sits right around 2–3 hours. If I got a Flight of Passage FastPass this Christmas, I’d be thrilled
- Slinky Dog Dash: Another FastPass I’d love to get for Christmas is Slinky Dog Dash. This is one of the resort’s newest rides, and is by far the most fun of the two new Toy Story Land attractions. For this reason, these FastPasses are currently incredibly difficult to get, and the line for this ride is almost always super long.
2. Dining Reservations
Just as some FastPasses feel impossible to get, there are some Disney restaurants that seem to book up in an instant, making it incredibly hard to get in without some serious pre-planning. The reservations below would be fabulous Christmas gifts!
- Cinderella’s Royal Table: Perhaps the most difficult-to-get dining reservation, and definitely one of the coolest dining experiences on property, Cinderella’s Royal Table is every princess fan’s dream come true. If someone handed me a reservation for this eatery, I’d be over the moon.
- Storybook Dining at Artist Point: Of course, Disney’s newest dining experience is also bound to be a good one, and because it’s so new, finding a table is super difficult. Storybook Dining at Artist Point is an opportunity to dine with Snow White and some dwarfs, and I’d love, love, love to have such an opportunity.
- Be Our Guest Restaurant: Finally, we must mention the ever-popular Be Our Guest Restaurant. Getting a reservation at this eatery is difficult no matter which mealtime you prefer. That said, dinner reservations sometimes feel impossible to come by. Therefore, this is a reservation I wouldn’t mind finding in my stocking.
Wondering what kinds of physical items I’m hoping for? These Disney World souvenir items are things I’ve lusted over for a while now, and it would be absolutely magical to find any one of them under the tree:
- Themed MagicBands: MagicBands are super cool no matter what they happen to look like. After all, they are essentially like keys to Disney World. That said, the super cute themed MagicBands are even better. If someone picked one of those up for me, I certainly wouldn’t complain.
- Remote-Control Banshee: If you’ve ever been to Pandora – The World of Avatar in Animal Kingdom, you’ve probably seen the amazing remote-controlled banshee toys in the Rookery there. This is one of those items that I always stop to look at but would never buy for myself. That said, if someone else bought one for me, I’d be absolutely overjoyed.
- A Disney-Themed Kitchen: Some of the Disney World souvenirs I love most are the home decor items. I particularly love the kitchen things, and when it comes to home decor, a Mickey Mouse kitchen is my dream come true. Anyone who got me Mickey kitchenware would be appreciated for sure.
- A Monorail around the Tree: The monorail is an iconic part of Disney World. I’d love to bring a bit of Disney into my Christmas decorating by adding a super cool monorail toy to go around the Christmas tree. That’d be too cute, wouldn’t it?
- Disney Purses and Bags: Have you seen the amazing purses and bags sold at Disney World? The Dooney and Bourke bags are beyond adorable, and the Vera Bradley options are equally as cute. Having one of these bags would mean carrying a bit of Disney with me everywhere I go, and there is definitely nothing wrong with that.
Of course, experiences make amazing gifts too, and Disney has a lot to offer when it comes to experiences. Below are a few of the more special experiences on property. I’d love to receive any one of these experiences as a gift, and would love sharing the experience with the giver even more:
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party: What do you get when you put Disney and Christmas together? The most magical Christmas party out there! Unfortunately, I’ve never had the pleasure of attending Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. Therefore, this experience continues to make my wish list year after year.
- Behind-the-Scenes Tours: The behind-the-scenes tours offered at Disney World look absolutely incredible. From private safari tours to tours of the backstage of Magic Kingdom, I’d love the opportunity to experience any one of these!
- Spa Treatments: Spa treatments are always nice to have. However, a spa treatment in Disney World is even better. Luckily, there are plenty of spas inside the various Disney resort hotels, and each and every one of them is wonderful. I don’t know anyone who’d turn down a treatment at one of these spas.