The world has changed so much over the years, and social media has become a big part of our lives. Some use social media to keep in touch with friends and family, while others make a real career out of it.
If you’re really into social media and are good at engaging audiences and promoting your work, we might have the perfect job for you.
The Walt Disney Company is currently looking to hire a social media content coordinator to boost its social media presence, especially for TikTok.
While TikTok will be one of the main responsibilities, there will also be other aspects of the job that the Cast Member will have to obtain. Here is what is on the official website:
Social Media Content Coordinator – Expression Of Interest
Job ID 914026BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 06, 2022
The Social Media Content Coordinator is responsible for developing and influencing social media strategies and tactics that expand DPEP (Disney Parks, Experiences and Products) social media presence and are in alignment with communications business objectives. The goal is to find creative ways to build brand trust and loyality within internal and external audiences, as well as achieve the greatest reach and shareability through compelling visual storytelling and content. The ideal candidate thrives in an agile and collaborative environment, is willing to take risks and share original, clever and innovative ideas, and has a deep passion for the Disney brand. Experience with all aspects of social media and an avid user of various social platforms, especially TikTok, is required for this role.
The Social Media Content Coordinator role has a duration of approximately 12-months with weekly hours varying but averaging around 29 hours per week.
- Contributes to building a team that is nimble, creative, optimistic, disruptive, and develops fresh ideas.
- Brainstorms, develops and recommends social strategies, campaigns and content with brand, product and business priorities top of mind.
- Partners with communications teams (e.g., Public Relations, Media Relations, Internal Communications) to understand business priorities and objectives.
- Executes on social media strategy by creating innovative, engaging and timely content via mobile device or other portable technologies. Will collaborate with video and technology teams as directed.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with Disney partners to establish trust and engagement with other teams.
- Demonstrates innovation, creativity and thoughtful integration through all work.
- Reviews analytics on performances, views, and engagement and makes recommendations as needed for future campaigns.
- Keeps current on internal and external audiences to understand their preferences and how best to creatively inform and engage.
- Researches current events and news relevant to the industry and community that can be promoted and discussed.
- Stays up-to-date on social media trends and platforms, to better develop creative and innovative content strategies and campaigns. Platforms include, but not limited to, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat and TikTok.
- Experience in social media and/or related digital marketing
- Demonstrated ability of video editing
- Experience with visual storytelling, and producing compelling and engaging social content
- A passion for social media and current trends
- Skill in basic photography, animation, graphic design and technology
- Demonstrate strong creative, original and outside the box thinking
- Ability to work collaboratively within a group as well as independently with little supervision
- Openness to feedback with the ability to defend a creative choice while respectfully managing revisions
- An affinity for the Disney Brand including a passion for being in the Disney parks
- Solution-oriented perspective that manages change well
- Ability to manage time efficiently and work within a deadline-oriented environment
- Proactive mindset
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends
- Willingness to try new things and gain new skills
- Can formulate a point of view and clearly articulate it
- A proactive self-starting approach and eager to learn
- Broad understanding of the role of social media in society today and its application to business
- Ability to navigate a complex organization
- Experience with using and writing social copy for various social media platforms including, but not limited to, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat and TikTok
- Knowledge and understanding of social media KPIs
Keep up with all the latest Disney information on Disney Tips and like our Facebook Page.