Ok, so these are the cutest cookies ever! If you’re a fan of A Goofy Movie, you immediately know what “Hi Dad” Soup is from the touching Father-Son moment between Goofy and Max. Well, 25 years after the film premiered, you can have A Goofy Movie movie night with these delightful cookies as part of the fun! Check out the yummy recipe below from Family.Disney.com:
“Hi Dad” Soup Spoon Cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- Chocolate chips
- Candy melts (white and yellow)
- Gummy candy drops (orange, green, and yellow)
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Porcelain soup spoons
- Wax paper
*All cutting and baking should be done by an adult.
1. Prepare letters. Melt candy melts (white mixed with a bit of yellow) and pipe letters onto wax paper. You can place a lined piece of paper underneath to help write the letters HI DAD. Place in fridge to set.
2. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
3. Cream butter, then beat in powdered sugar. Add in egg yolk and vanilla. Mix in flour and salt. Dough will be crumbly, but should hold its shape when you squeeze it together with your hand.
4. Grease soup spoons. Form a small ball and press onto bowl base then attach another dough piece to the handle. Smooth out any creases or cracks with your fingers. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. If cookies have puffed up once removed from the oven, press down with the back of a spoon. Once cooled, carefully remove the cookie from each spoon by gently running your finger along the edges.
6. Prepare the chocolate soup. Cut gummy candy drops into small pieces. Remove letters from fridge. Melt chocolate and pipe into each soup bowl. Place HI DAD, candy, and sprinkles onto the melted chocolate before it sets.
7. Serve alone or eat with your favorite ice cream.