The Landry’s Restaurants that are located within Walt Disney World are some of the most fun dining locations! There are definite things you will want to know in advance about dining at one of the Landry’s location, so check out these helpful tips before you go:
6. Know the Locations
There are 4 different Landry’s locations found within Walt Disney World property. Here is a rundown of each location below:
- Rainforest Café – Disney Springs: If you look for the huge volcano in Disney Springs, then you won’t be able to miss this location. The restaurant is inside the volcano! You get to go on your own safari through the rainforest and its animal inhabitants where there is a storm every 15-20 minutes. During that time the animals go nuts and you can hear the sounds of the rain and thunder. The restaurant serves a variety of different cuisines, so there is something for everyone.
- T-REX Café – Disney Springs: This location can be found very close to the Lego store in Disney Springs. There is a huge T-REX that greets you right as you enter the restaurant. You will also find a variety of other dinosaurs. There is even an ice room where you will find mammoths, too. There is a meteor shower every 15-20 minutes and the dinosaurs go crazy! This restaurant also serves a variety of different cuisines.
- Yak & Yeti Restaurant – Disney’s Animal Kingdom: This location is found within a two story venue that looks like a house. It is in the Asia area of Disney’s Animal Kingdom and guests are set on both stories of the building. The location offers a variety of Pan-Asian flavors. The menu is huge, so it can be difficult to make a selection.
- Rainforest Café – Disney’s Animal Kingdom: The location offers all of the same things at the Disney Springs location, but also offers a breakfast service. It is located right at the entrance to the park and has its own park entrance since you can dine at the location without actually entering Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
5. Become a Landry’s Club member.
It is free to join the Landry’s Club. You can sign up at any of the Landry’s locations on property, other Landry’s locations or sign up online. There is also a mobile app where you can check your points and rewards balances.
4. There are a ton of great perks and freebies when you are a Landry’s Club member.
With the membership you will get a lot of great perks, which are all still available when dining at the Walt Disney World locations. You receive a $25 welcome reward for signing up, $25 birthday reward during the month that you picked as your birthday month, priority seating, $25 reward for every $250 spent at a Landry’s location, retail discounts and more. Since the membership is free, there are definitely worthwhile perks.
3. Understanding Priority Seating
Priority Seating is one of the perks that is offered to Landry’s Select Club members. With this perk, you can walk into any of the Landry’s location, show them your club card and they will bump you to the head of the line for seating. This can drastically reduce the wait time to get a table, especially when you don’t have a reservation. I typically still recommend that Landry’s Club members should make reservations where possible to help minimize the risk of a wait, but the Priority Seating for club members usually works fabulously!
2. Top Food Recommendations
Of course you will want to know about the food and some of the key items you won’t want to miss on the menu:
- Rainforest Café (both locations): At either of the locations we love the Primal Steak or the Caribbean Coconut Fried Shrimp. If you want something less heavy, the Volcanic Cobb Salad is also quite delicious. Be sure to save room for dessert so that you can share the Sparkling Volcano with the family!
- T-REX Café: The Colosso Beef Nachos for Two is one of our favorite starters! There are even times when my husband and I will share them for a meal depending on how hungry we are! The Boneyard Buffet is another favorite since it includes rotisserie chicken and St. Louis style pork spareribs. If you want a really fun dessert, then save room for the Chocolate Extinction. You will want to share it with the whole table and it comes out with dry ice for a fun effect.
- Yak & Yeti Restaurant: There are so many delicious items here that it is hard to know where to begin. I would definitely recommend getting the Dragon Roll if you like sushi. I would also recommend trying one of the noodle dishes. They are amazing and there is a variety of combinations. The Korean Beef is another delicious option that you have to try, too!
1. Know your payment options.
When dining at one of the Landry’s locations, you have a variety of payment options. You can pay with the usual cash or card options. The locations also count as one of the table service entitlements if you are on one of the Disney Dining Plans. If you like to pay with gift cards you can pay with Landry’s or Disney gift cards. The locations accept both. When looking for discounted gift cards to buy ahead of your vacation you can look for both of these options!