We previously reported that Caribbean Beach Resort would be undergoing a series of changes that will take place over the next 2 years that will provide big refurbishments at the resort. There are numerous operational changes that are set to take place as construction begins to create new dining and shopping additions to the marketplace at the resort. There will even be new waterfront dining options added to the resort. Here are the operational changes at the resort that are currently planned:
- Barbados at the resort will be unavailable starting in May 2017. There is no word yet on when they are set to re-open.
- Martinique at the resort will be unavailable starting in May 2017. There is no word yet on when they are set to re-open.
- Old Port Royale Food Court will be closed starting May 2017.
- Shutters restaurant will be closed starting May 2017.
- The Banana Cabana Pool Bar will be closed starting May 2017.
- There will be numerous temporary dining options:
- There will be a Caribbean themed buffet option for breakfast, plus a la carte dinner selections.
- There will be quick meals available for purchase in Aruba, Jamaica and Martinique.
- In-room pizza, sandwiches and pasta delivery.
- A new quick service location at Trinidad island opening the in the summer.
- Disney will be giving guests $25 Disney gift cards for each night of their stay when they check-in to help offset the inconvenience of the construction and closures.
We can’t wait to see the finished results and experience the new shopping and dining experiences. We will keep you posted as we learn more about any other closures and the progress of the construction.