If you have been to EPCOT’s International Food and Wine Festival, you might have tried the Impossible Burger Slider. DisneyParksBlog as part of the #DisneyMagicMoments released the recipe for this amazing burger and we can’t wait to try it at home.
The recipe from DisneyParksBlog is broken down into what is needed for the slaw as well as the burger. See the grocery list below:
- 1/4 cup sambal
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
SWEET AND SPICY SLAW
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 poblano pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded green papaya
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Reserved slaw dressing
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder
- 1/2 cup plant-based mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 18 ounces Impossible™ Burger
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons sambal
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 slider rolls with sesame seeds
- 1 cup baby arugula
Next DisneyParksBlog provided the step-by-step directions for making the slaw and the slider.
FOR SLAW DRESSING:
- Place sambal, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic, and sesame oil in small saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat until boiling and stir until sugar is fully dissolved. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Stir in lime juice and refrigerate until ready to serve.
FOR SWEET AND SPICY SLAW:
- Combine cabbage, carrot, sliced pepper, green papaya, and cilantro in large bowl.
- Add cooled slaw dressing. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
FOR WASABI AÏOLI:
- Mix water and wasabi powder in medium to form a paste.
- Whisk in plant-based mayonnaise and salt until combined.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
FOR IMPOSSIBLE™ PATTIES:
- Combine Impossible™ Burger, salt, pepper, and sambal in large mixing bowl. Divide into six 3-ounce patties and shape to size of slider buns.
- Heat canola oil in large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes. Place patties in pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side, until 155°F.
- Keep warm.
The last step is serving up this amazing burger. To do so drizzle Wasabi Aïoli on the bottom half of each sesame bun and top with a few leaves of baby arugula. Top with Impossible™ patty and Sweet and Spicy Slaw before adding the top of each bun.
We can’t wait to try out this delicious recipe and dream about EPCOT’s International Food and Wine Festival.