A visit to the Walt Disney World Resort can turn into a complete whirlwind. Four Disney theme parks to visit, plenty of awesome attractions to experience, tasty treats and dining locations to treat yourself to, favorite Disney characters to hug, incredible merchandise to claim as your own, and endless magic to be made. We certainly aren’t complaining about this; we are grateful to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard!
That being said, it can be so difficult to slow down a little during a Disney vacation and instead take in the moment. Are you like us and mostly find that you need a vacation from a Disney vacation? Early mornings so that you can take advantage of Early Theme Park Entry, late nights to ensure you catch Disney Enchantment or Harmonious, tens of thousands of steps every day, waiting for the Walt Disney World Transportation System buses, keeping up with the Disney Genie suggestions, and securing Lightning Lane passes; we wouldn’t change it for the world! But it’s EXHAUSTING!
Then how about treating yourself a little, at least once, during your Disney vacation? You’ve earned it after a long day (or a few) at a Disney Park, and you can do it in a cost-effective way too. A little self-care goes a long way! We gave this a try on our last visit to Walt Disney World, and it won’t be the last time either. Why not take a leaf out of our book?
A Spa Hour in your Guest Room
Most of the Guest Rooms in the Disney Resort hotels have a bathtub. Generally, it’s a standard bathtub unless you are a Disney Vacation Club Member, renting Disney Vacation Club points, or have secured a reservation in a Villa. Each Disney Vacation Club Resort Villa has a whirlpool bath, providing extra luxury to your vacation. The only Guest rooms without a bathtub are the Tower Studios in Disney’s Riviera Resort; instead, these rooms have a huge walk-in shower.
So if you have a bathtub in your Resort room, then why not make full use of it? Treat yourself to some goodies from Basin, run yourself a hot bath and take a moment (or a few) to relax. The Walt Disney World Today channel on your TV offers a perfectly relaxing soundtrack, and you can even make yourself a hot beverage of your choice while the bath is filling. These may sound like simple pleasures, but your feet will certainly thank you for all of the miles you have been covering by exploring the Disney Parks and Resorts.
Treat Yourself in Basin
If you haven’t yet visited Basin’s truly wonderful stores in Walt Disney World, then you are missing out! It’s the place to get Disney-inspired bath bombs and body care, as well as environmentally-friendly shampoo and conditioner bars, luxury salt scrub, and more. There are two locations to visit during your Disney vacation: the main store is located in the Marketplace at Disney Springs, right across from the World of Disney; and the smaller store, known as Basin White, is located in Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, just to the right as you exit the Disney Monorail and enter the lobby.
Our recommendation for your spa hour is one of the lovely bath bombs. Take a moment of calm while the water bubbles around you and the sweet smells fill the air. Our choice is always a Mickey bath bomb; it’s just the right size and fills the baths with Mickey heads. Who knew even bath time could be made magical? There are also plenty of others to choose from in-store.
Why not upgrade your chill out with a Basin body scrub too? Made with essential oils or shea butter, it not only exfoliates your skin but moisturizes it too. Be sure to try the salt scrub of your choice while in-store, using their hand wash basins. You can be sure you are choosing the right one. What’s more, is that each body scrub holds enough to enjoy for months to come; continue to treat yourself when your Disney vacation has come to an end.
Making Time in your Disney Vacation
You may be thinking, ‘when can I fit this into my Disney vacation?’ Well, we’ve done some of the thinking for you! Here are a few ideas for when you can take a little time for yourself:
- Are the rest of your party wanting to spend some time at the pool? Afternoons or evenings are a great time to take a break from the Disney Parks. The rest of your party can take a dip in the pool, while you have your room to yourself. Just make sure to ask them not to return before a certain time, so you can enjoy the peace!
- There may be a film being shown on the Movies-Under-The-Stars schedule that some of your party want to catch. Stop by your Resort shop ahead of the start time to grab some Disney snacks to enjoy while watching the movie. You can continue to your Guest room and have the evening to yourself.
- Why not take a day for yourself while the rest of your party heads to Typhoon Lagoon water park for the day? Spend the morning browsing Disney Springs, and a stop at Basin, or visit the Disney Resorts, making sure to visit Basin White in Disney’s Grand Floridian. Head back to your Disney hotel after a spot of lunch, and enjoy a relaxing afternoon.
- If you have a romantic evening planned and have an advanced dining reservation at a Disney Signature Dining restaurant, then why not extend the evening by taking some time for pampering before getting dressed up?
- Disney’s Grand Floridian is a great detour to take when leaving Magic Kingdom for the day. Why not take a water taxi across Seven Seas Lagoon and explore the iconic Disney Resort before returning to your own for the evening?
- Maybe you haven’t got time during your Disney vacation as it’s a short visit before heading on a Disney Cruise? Instead, buy yourself a Basin bath bomb to use while sailing with Disney Cruise Line in your stateroom bathtub.
- If you’re staying in one of the Disney Deluxe Resorts, you may even get the opportunity to see Disney fireworks from your Resort before heading to bed for the evening. Any of the following hotels are perfectly located to end your day with Disney fireworks without needing to be in a Disney Park: Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort; Disney’s Contemporary Resort; Disney’s Wilderness Lodge; Disney’s Polynesian Village; or Disney’s Beach Club.
We hope you’re feeling inspired to take a moment out of your busy Disney vacation to treat yourself. Not only will it leave you refreshed, but will add to your Disney experience. You may even be inspired to buy enough Basin goodies to allow you to encourage you to have some me-time when at home too. Happy relaxing!