Disney’s Animal Kingdom may be known for its impressive animal attractions, immersive rides, and unique dining, but it’s also home to some of the best bars and lounges at the Walt Disney World Resort. With grab-and-go drink kiosks all over the parks, outdoor seating areas with live entertainment, and quiet places to relax indoors, Animal Kingdom’s lounge scene offers something for everyone.
1. Safari Bar
The first lounge guests pass on their way into Disney’s Animal Kingdom is the Safari Bar located inside the Rainforest Cafe. Here guests can sip on beer, wine, and specialty cocktails all while surrounded by the tropical rainforest the restaurant is known for.
- Beverages: Standouts on the beer list include Funky Buddha Floridian Hefeweizen and the Orlando Brewing I-4 IPA, especially for guests looking to try something more specific to Orlando during their trip. Wines from around the world are also offered alongside specialty cocktails like the Panama Punch (Don Q 151 Rum, Myer’s Original Dark Rum, Peach Schnapps, 99 Bananas Liqueur, Crème de Cassis, orange and pineapple juices) and signature martinis like the Blood Ruby with Deep Eddy Ruby Red Vodka, Patron Citronge Orange Liqueur, Finest Call Blood Orange Sour, and lime.
- Food: If you do decide you need a bite to eat, the Rainforest Cafe in Disney’s Animal Kingdom typically has availability for walk-ups to dine in. As a result, this is a great spot for a last-minute dinner on your way out of the park or on those busy trips where you weren’t sure what you’d find for table service reservations.
2. Dawa Bar
Located right outside of Tusker House in Harambe Village, the Dawa Bar is a fan favorite! The festive atmosphere in the middle of the village means live entertainment takes place nearby throughout the day and it’s easy to take a break from the bar to ride Kilimanjaro Safaris or stroll through the Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail.
- Beverages: Stop at the Dawa Bar for a cold beer (and try the Tusker Lager or Safari Amber to stick with the spirit of Animal Kingdom) or try one of the specialty beverages the bar is known for. One of the most popular is the Lost on Safari, with Starr African Rum and Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum with the Dawa Bar’s own Pangani Punch, and another top notch choice is the Tikiti Punch (Snow Leopard Vodka and watermelon lemonade), perfect for a hot day in the park!
3. Yak & Yeti Quality Beverages
This lounge is easy to miss, but worth the stop if you’re grabbing a bite to eat at Yak & Yeti or simply looking to take a break while wandering through Asia. You can find this walk-up window adjacent to the seating area of Yak & Yeti Local Foods Cafe.
- Food: In addition to some tasty beverages, you can grab Asian chicken wraps and sides of egg rolls to snack on right at the drink window.
- Beverages: Like most stops around Animal Kingdom, you’ll find Safari Amber and Beso del Sol Sangria, but specific to this location does have a specialty cocktail you’ll just have to try– Yak Attack, a mix of Mango Daiquiri, Don Q Cristal Rum, and wildberry juices.
4. Nomad Lounge
If you are planning a 21+ trip around Disney’s Animal Kingdom this last lounge is something that you must add to your itinerary! The Nomad Lounge is located right next to the park’s signature dining location, Tiffins Restaurant, and stopping in for a drink is a great way to relax with a signature dining-like atmosphere and sample some small plates from the menu. Before diving into the food and drinks, take a look around the space– even if you sit outdoors it’s fascinating to see all of the details that Disney Imagineers put into the restaurant’s design.
- Food: Sliders, charcuterie, and poutine are some fan-favorites for eats at Nomad Lounge, but be sure to browse the full menu during your visit- it has one of the more extensive menus in terms of food at a Disney lounge!
- Beverages: For drinks, browse the lounge’s lengthy beer and wine list or opt for a specialty cocktail. We recommend trying the Annapurna Zing (Bombay Sapphire East Gin, passion fruit purée, mint, simple syrup, and lime juice topped with ginger beer and a glowing lotus flower or the Spice Trader Classic (Hayman’s Old Tom Gin, Dolin Vermouth Blanc, lemon juice and strawberries topped with soda water. If you have members of your party who aren’t drinking (or who are underage) Nomad Lounge also has the largest selection of “mocktails” in Disney’s Animal Kingdom.