The World Showcase is easily one of the coolest places in Walt Disney World. After all, where else can you go to walk around the entire world in a single day? Of course, each and every pavilion in the World Showcase has wonderful things to offer. That said, one of our absolute favorites it’s the France Pavilion. This gorgeous pavilion has always been a fan favorite, but it’s becoming even more enticing. Why? Because there are all kinds of new things opening in the area. Read on to learn what we have always loved about the France Pavilion, the new things we adore, and the upcoming attractions that we can hardly wait for.
1. What to Eat
We will begin with the food. As Lumiere would say, “After all, Miss, this is France!” and it’s common knowledge that France is all about their food. Fortunately, the Disney Imagineers took this into account, filling the France pavilion with some of the best food in the park—perhaps even the entirety of Walt Disney World.
- Oldies but Goodies: The vast majority of the food offered in this pavilion has been around for quite some time. However, this doesn’t make the restaurants any less incredible. While in the France Pavilion, we highly recommend trying the following dining options:
- Les Chefs de France: An amazing little eatery that features an elegant, light, and airy vibe, Les Chefs de France is a wonderful place to have a meal. We love the view offered by this restaurant, and diners adore the French onion soup served here.
- Monsieur Paul: Looking for something a little more upscale? Monsieur Paul is your place. This signature restaurant couldn’t be any more romantic, and with a menu created by Chef Paul Bocuse, you can bet the food is delicious.
- Les Halles Boulangerie Pâtisserie: If lighter fare or dessert is all you need, you might find Les Halles Boulangerie Pâtisserie to be right up your alley. Here you can pick up a sandwich, soup, salad, or quiche, or indulge in an incredible French pastry. We love the Napoleon here!
- L’Artisan des Glaces: Another fabulous dessert stop is L’Artisan des Glaces. This is an awesome ice cream shop that serves up a wide variety of ice cream flavors by the scoop. The shop is small but super cute, and the seating right outside the door is a great place to relax and enjoy your treat.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
2. Coming Soon
Now that you know about the options that have been around for a while, it’s time to discuss the dining option that is yet to come. We are incredibly excited about this addition to the France Pavilion, and you should be too.
- Authentic French Creperie: That’s right, the World Showcase is getting a French-style creperie! It will feature both quick-service and table-service dining, and will serve up a menu inspired by the Brittany region of France, including both savory and sweet crepes. We expect to see this awesome eatery sometime in the summer of 2020.
3. What to Do
Of course, food isn’t the only thing you’ll want to enjoy while in the France Pavilion. There are a number of great attractions to check out as well, meaning you can actually spend quite a bit of time in the area.
What’s Old: The following attractions and entertainment options have been around in the France Pavilion for a long while now. They have served the area well, and have stuck around so long because they are fun and interesting.
- Shopping: France has always offered plenty of shopping. The wine shop and perfume shop are the two most unique shopping spots in the pavilion, but the typical souvenir gifts can be found here as well.
- Meet-and-Greets: In addition to shopping, France has always had at least a couple of meet-and-greets available. Currently, guests can meet both Belle and Aurora in this pavilion. This is perfect for princess fans for sure!
- Serveur Amusant: A super fun street show that delights guests of all ages, “Serveur Amusant” is worth stopping for. In this performance, two acrobats build an impressive tower of chairs, which they then balance on top of.
- Impressions de France: An 18-minute film that takes guests on a journey through France, Impressions de France is wonderful. The video and music are both beautiful, the content is educational, and the experience is a relaxing way to get out of the sun for a few minutes.
What’s New: Wondering what new things you might find in this pavilion on your upcoming trip to Epcot? A couple of additions have been made and should be sought out:
- Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along Show: This plays in the same theater as Impressions de France, meaning the two shows must alternate times. The video features a fun retelling of the classic story and plenty of your favorite tunes to sing along to.
- Tale As Old As Time: French Storytelling on Stage and Screen: On your way to see the “Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along”, make sure you stop in the theater lobby to check out the “Tale As Old As Time: French Storytelling on Stage and Screen” display. Here, you can check out galleries featuring the artwork, costumes, and music from various stage and screen adaptations of French literature.
4. What’s Coming
Finally, we must mention the thing we are most excited for. This newest World Showcase attraction is yet to come, and we cannot wait to check it out! Set to open in the summer of 2020, Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure is going to be absolutely amazing. The ride will use screens and trackless vehicles to take guests on an adventure through the eyes of a rat. Expect to see some familiar faces as you explore the kitchen with Remy.