Sure, Walt Disney World is for kids – but it’s also for adults! While a romantic getaway to WDW might not be what immediately springs to mind when you think about Valentine’s Day, it really should be. WDW has a romantic side, and it’s the perfect place to celebrate your love for that special person! Here are some excellent ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day at Walt Disney World.
Enjoy a Spa Day
What better way to celebrate Valentine’s Day than with a relaxing couples massage, facial, manicure, pedicure, or body treatment at one of Walt Disney World’s rejuvenating spas? After being closed for a lengthy period during the pandemic, WDW’s spas have begun to reopen, paving the way for relaxation galore.
- Mandara Spa: At the Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel in the EPCOT Resort area, Mandara Spa features a plethora of globally-inspired treatments. Try a Balinese massage, bamboo therapy, or even an Asian bathing ritual where you’ll sink into a blissful coconut and almond milk bath.
- Grand Floridian Spa: Disney’s luxurious Grand Floridian Resort & Spa sure knows how to pamper its Guests! The entire Resort Hotel simply oozes luxury and opulence. Guests who want the royal treatment can pamper themselves at the Grand Floridian Spa on site, with a warm stone massage, purifying body treatment, or even an organic back facial.
Indulge in a Sweet Treat
You’re on vacation, so it’s not like you need an excuse to treat yourself to something sweet. But if you’re on WDW property around Valentine’s Day, that’s an extra reason to indulge! Here is the 2022 Sweet Guide for WDW Parks, as well as the 2022 Valentine’s Foodie Guide for WDW Resorts and Disney Springs.
- Disney Springs: As with Christmas, Halloween, and other holidays throughout the year, Disney celebrates Valentine’s Day with special desserts and snacks that aren’t available at other times of the year. Look for Ruby Kiss Bons Bons, Sweetheart Minnie Pinatas, chocolate-dipped strawberries, and much more at sweet shops like Amorette’s Patisserie and The Ganachery at Disney Springs (or stop in for the best chocolate cookie of life at Gideon’s Bakehouse).
- WDW Theme Parks: There are seasonal cupcakes, rice treats, and cookies offered at bakeries throughout Disney’s Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom Theme Parks. The Main Street Confectionery is always our go-to for treats in Magic Kingdom, and you’ll find Valentine’s candy apples and other yummy items here. Plenty of table service restaurants in the parks have their own special Valentine’s offerings, and even Disney’s Resort Hotels are getting in on the action. Suffice it to say that wherever you go on WDW property around Valentine’s Day, you’re not far from a delicious seasonal sweet treat!
Share a Romantic Meal
There are lots of beautiful restaurants for an intimate, romantic meal with your significant other in Walt Disney World, and you can find them in Disney’s theme parks, Resort Hotels, Disney Springs, and Disney’s BoardWalk. Here are just a few of our favorites, but there are plenty more where those came from!
- Be Our Guest: Be Our Guest Restaurant at Disney’s Magic Kingdom offers up all of the romance of the classic animated film Beauty and the Beast (1991). Dine with your loved one under a soaring painted ceiling in the Grand Ballroom, or pick a table near the famed enchanted rose in the moody West Wing. It doesn’t get much more romantic than that!
- California Grill: California Grill is another great spot for a Valentine’s meal – if you can snag a reservation, of course! This hugely popular restaurant high above the Seven Seas Lagoon in Disney’s Contemporary Resort has views for days. There’s nothing like gazing at Cinderella Castle (and maybe even enjoying some fireworks) over dinner.
- Sanaa: Sanaa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge is worth the trek, and it’s perfect for couples who like a little adventure with their Valentine’s meal. This table service restaurant serves up African and Indian tastes for meat-eaters and vegetarians, and it looks out onto the Sunset Savanna, so you can watch dozens of species of wildlife while you eat.
Share a Romantic Activity
There’s more to Walt Disney World than Disney theme parks! If you’re visiting WDW around Valentine’s Day, why not seek out a new activity for you and your significant other at Disney Springs or at a Disney Resort Hotel? Here are a few of our top picks.
- Carriage Ride: Did you know you can take a carriage ride through the woods or along the peaceful Sassagoula River? We can’t think of an activity that rates higher on the romance meter! Rides last for 25 minutes and occur at The Cabins and Campsites of Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside.
- Balloon Ride: If you or your partner have ever wanted to experience a hot air balloon ride, this is your chance. Head to West Side at Disney Springs to take an 8-minute ride 400 feet in the air on Aerophile’s hand-painted helium balloon (the largest in the world). You’ve never seen views of Walt Disney World like this!
- Movie and Campfire: Finally, cozy up with your loved one after dinner at your Disney Resort Hotel and enjoy a (Disney, of course) movie under the stars. Follow that up by roasting marshmallows around a campfire at select Disney Resort Hotels. Best of all – both of these romantic activities are completely free!
Walt Disney World has something for every couple, whether it’s a relaxing massage, restaurant with a view, sweet Valentine’s-themed treat, or even a romantic balloon ride high above Disney Springs. How would you choose to spend the perfect Valentine’s Day in Walt Disney World?