We are so excited to announce that the “Great Irish Hooley” will be returning for it’s 6th year at Walt Disney World. The event will take place at Raglan Road Pub & Restaurant at Disney Springs. The event is the only Irish event in Central Florida and will feature Irish music, dancing, food, and more. Of course there will be tons of great drinks including Irish beers, cocktails and other alcohol. It wouldn’t be a true Irish event without a ton of great alcohol selections!
All of this will take place over Labor Day weekend, September 1st through 4th. The performances will begin on Friday, September 1st at 3PM and then will continue throughout the entire weekend into early Monday morning. The event will go on late into the evening each evening, too.
The entertainment for the event will include:
- Elevation: The group is a U2 tribute band. This is their first time back at Raglan Road in 4 years. They will perform two shows on September 2nd and 3rd.
- Lisa Canny Band: Lisa Canny and her band will perform Irish R&B and hip hop. She will perform nightly during the festival.
- Gary O’Meara Band: This is a solo Irish banjo act that has become more and more popular, as well as appeared with various other acts.
- Raglan Road Irish Dancers: Dance performances put on by some of the world’s greatest Irish dancers including the champion dancer, Ciaran Keating. There will be various styles of Irish dance performed during the event.
- The Raglan Roots Coalition: The Irish house band performing all kinds of Irish favorites.
- Jake Richardson: Jake is a singer and musician from Dublin who will perform popular songs.
- Over the Bar: This is a 4-piece group performing various Irish sounds.
- Rollickin’ Rua: A Celtic band from Ireland and Scotland performing Celtic songs.
- Aaron O’Sullivan: Aaron is a singer and guitarist and performs various Irish ballads and other modern Irish songs.
This event sounds like a fabulous time and lot of great fun for anyone that will be in the area! Who plans to attend “Great Irish Hooley” this year?