Today is a big day over at Disneyland Paris. We previously shared the news that Disney announced they were removing the FastPass system at Disneyland Paris and replacing it with an upcharge service called “Premier Access”. The system works basically the same as the FastPass system. You go into the park app and select which attraction you would like to access through the former FastPass line. But now, when picking an attraction, you’ll see how much it costs to skip the line and can purchase a pass to do so. Today, we’re seeing the actual prices come through on the app. Hold onto your Mickey ear hats, Disney fans!
When visiting the Disneyland Paris app, you’ll find charges for each attraction are now revealed. Currently, here are a few attractions that are similar to those you’ll find at Walt Disney World and their prices to “fastpass” them:
- Buzz Lightyear Laser Blaster: 15 Euros per guest = $18 US dollars
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue: 8 Euros per guest = $9.50 US dollars
- Peter Pan’s Flight: 15 Euros per guest = $18 US dollars
- Big Thunder Mountain: 12 Euros per guest = $14.25 US dollars
- Ratatouille: The Adventure: 12 Euros per guest = $14.25 US dollars
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: 15 Euros per guest = $18 US dollars
We’re not going to lie. We’re pretty much blown away by these numbers. Let’s take Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast for example which is similar to Magic Kingdom’s Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin. If you are a family of four, you’d be expected to pay $72 to fastpass that one attraction. That’s on top of your regular ticket admission. While we are seriously hoping with every Disney fiber in us that Premier Access doesn’t make it’s way to Walt Disney World, we wouldn’t be totally surprised if it does. Which means for our family – there is going to be a lot of waiting in the regular standby lines.