Get ready for more steps, more tiredness, and more magical memories packed into one day, as Disney has revealed some extra hours for all Park Guests this May!
The Walt Disney World Park Hours calendar has been updated to show some extended hours for all four Florida theme parks – Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Guests traveling the first week of May can expect to get some extra Disney Park time riding attractions, eating Mickey-shaped snacks, and meeting their favorite Disney characters.
Early entry for Guests staying at Disney Resort Hotels will still start a half-hour before opening at all four Disney Parks. So, let’s dive into the changes to Park Hours coming to the Walt Disney World Resort.
The Magic Kingdom Park will continue to open at 9:00 a.m. each day, but now has some later nights planned in May. Magic Kingdom will now close at 10:00 p.m. on May 1 and at 11:00 p.m. the rest of the week. Extended evening hours will be available on May 4 from 11:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. We’re not sure yet if Disney Enchantment will move from its current 9:00 p.m. showing or start to have two shows a night.
Extended evening hours is a benefit for Guests staying at Disney Deluxe Resorts and Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts. These Disney Resort Hotels include:
Disney Deluxe Resorts
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Other Select Hotels
- Walt Disney World Swan Hotel
- Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel
- Walt Disney World Swan Reserve
- Shades of Green at Walt Disney World
EPCOT and its World Showcase will now be opening a whopping hour and a half earlier than previously scheduled, at 8:30 a.m., from May 1 through 7. After that, it will open at 9:00 a.m. every day through June 25. The exception is Sunday, June 5, when it will open at 8:00 a.m. It will close at 9:00 p.m. nightly with its nighttime spectacular Harmonious on the World Showcase Lagoon.
Expect Memorial Day weekend at EPCOT to be crowded and Park Pass reservations to sell out quickly with the launch of the new roller coaster Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Disney’s Hollywood Studios will now open an hour earlier, operating from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. from May 1 through 7. Guests who can wake up earlier will get to enjoy an extra hour of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Toy Story Land, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster, and more!
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Guests can also enjoy an extra early morning at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, which will now be open from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. from May 1 through 7. With the upcoming return of Expedition Everest, Guests have a lot more to pack into a day at Animal Kingdom alongside KiteTails, Kilimanjaro Safaris, and Pandora: World of Avatar.
So, get those walking shoes packed, snacks prepared, and Disney Genie/ Lightning Lane gameplan decided, because it looks like May is gearing up to be a busy and exciting time to take a trip to Walt Disney World!