Exciting news is coming to Disney Parks! After this past weekend’s biggest fan event of the year, Destination D23, Disney fans have much to look forward to. The event was held at Walt Disney World, where reveals and many surprises were revealed.
Presented by Josh D’Amaro, Disney Parks, Experience and Products Chairman, comes wonderful updates, brand-new experiences, and much more. If you couldn’t tune into the live event, don’t fret; the top eight exciting projects are coming to Disney Parks! The presentation “A Celebration of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow” offered an insight into Parks around the world, Disney Cruise Line, and what’s coming in the new couple of years. There were more than just eight releases, but here are the top projects deemed highly anticipated.
Disney Parks Blog reported Josh wrapped the presentation, saying, “Over the next decade, we’re going to have more projects underway than at any point in our history. Our sole purpose is to give you more and more of what you love about a Disney experience. And then surprise and delight you with things you never dreamed possible.” The projects underway are by no means a disappointment. So far, Disney has already released information on Fantasy Springs at Tokyo Disney Resort, Frozen-themed land at Disneyland Paris, and Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana at EPCOT. These next eight will knock your socks off!
Top 8 Projects Coming to Disney
- A new show based on the film Zootopia (2016) is being designed for the Tree of Life Theater at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. The concept will bring the different biomes from the film to life in an all-new experience.
- Out with the old and in with the new! DinoLand U.S.A. will be reimaged at Animal Kingdom with potential inspiration from Encanto (2021) and Indiana Jones (1981).
- EPCOT is getting a new nighttime spectacular called Luminous The Symphony of Us. It is planned to debut on December 5, 2023. “Jeff Vahle, President of Walt Disney World, is with Josh on stage to announce the brand-new show that’ll feature fireworks, fountains, lasers, lighting effects, and music.”
- If Disney Cruise Line’s brand-new ship release, Disney Treasure, wasn’t enough, another ship will join the fleet. The seventh ship, Disney Adventure, is in the works and will be the first ship to travel to Singapore.
- Ahoy mates! Magic Kingdom’s Adventureland is getting a Pirates of the Caribbean-themed lounge. There is no set date for an opening, and Imagineers are still in the design phase of the space.
- Moving on next to Country Bear Musical Jamboree at Magic Kingdom, which is getting new songs and a new act in 2024.
- Disney California Adventure Park is getting an all-new attraction in Avengers Campus. The attraction will be a world-jumping vehicle ready to transport into the Multiverse.
- EPCOT’s Test Track is getting a big update as Imagineers and Chevrolet work together to reimagine the attraction.
These exciting updates come as eight of the many released over the weekend. Guests can watch the recap below on Disney Parks YouTube. As always, continue to check back with Disney Tips as new updates and releases continue to roll out!
Which new experience are you most excited about?